Need assistance? Give us a call on 0121 456 7800 for advice!
The ultimate, secure mobile solution | Try SpeechLive Free for 30 Days
C-Pen Dictionary Pen
£240.00 incl. VAT
The Dictionary Pen is a major technological breakthrough for anyone working or studying in a “second language”. The embedded camera and OCR technology enables lookup or translation of words without the need for a single “click”. Simply pass the nib across a word and it instantly displays the definition and reads the word.
The device hosts nine (9) OXFORD Academic and English Language Teaching (ELT) dictionaries supporting six different languages. It’s a totally portable, pocket-sized device that pronounces the looked up word with a natural speaking text to speech voice.
It is also a scanner for capturing lines of text and uploading to a PC, Mac or Linux computer, making it ideal for students, teachers and professionals to capture essential information.
There is no software required to upload the text to Windows, MAC or Linux PC’s. Just connect the device to a computer with a USB cable and it appears as an external hard drive.
Other features include a built-in voice recorder with playback.
The Dictionary Pen contains a high accuracy multi-language OCR that enables you to capture and save quotes and other text of interest instantly. The text is saved in text files which is then easily transferred to your computer. Extremely handy if you are a student, teacher or professional. Simply use the pen to scan a word, a paragraph, or why not full pages. It´s easy.
Text to speech
The Dictionary Pen features high quality naturally speaking text to speech voices. Use it to listen to single word being pronounced.
Not sure about a word? Dictionary Pen contains high quality electronic dictionaries from OXFORD. Capture the word(s) and have the translation(s) instantly. The Dictionary Pen also remember words that you have looked up and keep the history available for you.
A standard 3.5 mm connector is available for connecting your favourite headphones.
The built-in microphone (and of course speaker and headphones connector) allows you to record audio, like voice memos. The audio files are saved in the device, can be retrieved and listened to any time. You can also upload the audio files to your computer.
The USB interface is used for file transfer (USB drive), text input (HID/Human Input Device) and charging. it works with Windows, MAC and Linux and no software installation is required
Appr. 3 GB user space is available which is enough to store thousands of text pages.
- Look up/translate words in dictionary in six different languages
- Listen to single words being pronounced by natural speaking TTS
- Highlight/store text in internal memory (2+ GB storage/thousands of pages)
- Connect to Windows/MAC/Linux and upload text files (no software required)
- Scan directly to text cursor on a Windows/MAC/Linux computer (no software required)
- Record and play back voice memos
- Free upgrades
- Oxford German Dictionary 3e (English-German-English)
- Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary 4e (English-French-English)
- Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary 3e (English-Italian-English)
- Oxford Russian Dictionary 4e (English-Russian-English)
- Oxford Spanish Dictionary 4e (English-Spanish-English)
- Das grosse Oxford Wörterbuch 2e (English-German-English)
- Dictionnaire Oxford Poche pour apprendre l’anglais (English-French-English)
- Diccionario Oxford Pocket para estudiantes de ingles 4e (English-Spanish-English)
- Dizionario Oxford Study per studenti d’inglese 3e (English-Italian-English)
- Collins 30th Anniversary (English-English)
- Screen OLED 256*64
- Memory 8GB (appr. 3GB user space)
- USB 2.0 High speed / Micro USB
- Earphone 3.5mm connector
- Battery 950 mAh
- Scan Font Size Range 6.5 – 22 pt
- Text saved as a .txt file
- Menu Languages English
- Languages (OCR/TTS/dictionaries): English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Certifications CE, RoHS, FCC
- Size Dimensions: 135*33*19mm Weight: 50g